Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Learning Experience

I went to my very first obedience trial this weekend.
Mom and I were entered in Beginner Novice

 It was a great learning experience for me!
 
which is a positive way of saying 
that we did not get a 
qualifying score either day
 
But I improved a lot from Saturday to Sunday


 This is the ring where we did our stuff. 
Saturday I was a little wound up.
It took me half way through the heeling exercise
to settle in. I was supposed to do a sit stay
while Mom walked around the ring
 but I laid down when she was about half way around.
 
On Sunday Mom made a few adjustments
and we did MUCH better.
In fact we were sooooo close to qualifying.
I Heeled nicely, my Figure 8 was better.
Sit for Exam - nailed it.
 did my Sit Stay, even though it was hot.
 
All I had to do was my recall and we would qualify.
Mom called me and I headed right for her
but then veered off to her left to sniff the fence.
She called again, no response
called third time -
Oh Ok I better go sit in front of Mom
 
but she is only allowed to call twice.
Dang !! So close!!
 
 
 
Mom thought I did pretty good
for my very first time at an obedience trial.
There are a lot of people and dogs
and stuff going on.
She was really happy that I improved
from Saturday to Sunday.
 
We have two months to practice before our next trial
I know I can do it!!
 
 
We want to give a shout out to our furiend
BENNY
Fight like a Frenchie!!!
 
We love you buddy, Lily and Mom too.
 
 
We are the PugRanch Kids
Bailey, Hazel & Greta
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

20 comments:

  1. I think it sounds like you did a fangtastic job for your very FURST try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Greta we thinks you did just great...we are reading a book where the golden does this also, and sometimes he gets distracted also...there is so much going on around you.....have you ever read the book the Dog with the Broken ear? these trials helped him and his momma....we are so proud of you Greta you are growing up to be such a big girl!
    stella rose and momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was really close - I always need 87 calls (or more) and you only 3 - wow that's not bad! My thoughts are with Benny and his furmily too - I hope he will beat this evil big C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We think you did SUPER.. We SAY BRAVO !! HEY... you have a NO WALKIN WAGON... just like ours..except fur the color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did PAWESOME!!!! You should be very proud of yourself and now you can only get better and better.
    *Cairn cuddles*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Easys' comment. We have selective hearing so we think 3 times isn't bad at all. We went to sniff a tree today that is fenced off as it has a wasps nest in it. I think peeps had to call me 87 billion times before I came back. Now it will be leash time before we get to that tree. Big Sigh! Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun day, and I think you did such a great job!
    Love,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have selective hearing also, so no worries! I am sure you will ace it next time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post! You guys rock!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's really great for your first time in the ring...so many cool smells it's really hard to ignore...I'm positive you'll get that CD

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sound like you did a pretty good job. Thank you for mentioning us friends
    Snorts,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so terrific that u tried and with your attitude u will go FAR!
    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry you didn't qualify either day, but you have a really great attitude about the whole thing. Just keep trying and you'll be in before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, for the first run I think you did great! I bet that's a ton of fun and I know you'll be doing more and just getting better each time. :)
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is pawsome ... you are doing great!!!

    Love Zoe, Peyton, Webster, Liberty & Whitney

    PS ... we're still praying for Benny, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well I say you did GREAT. You know sometimes a fence needs sniffing and when that happens we sometimes lose our hearing. It's a scientific fact.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you are doing soooooo good! Your very smart! Just take it easy- you will do fine!
    We 're still sending good thoughts and prayers for Benny too,
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done. I think you did brilliantly. All the other stuff and great smells going on and the only thing you didn't do was come instantly when called. I'm impressed. I'm sure you'll nail it next time around.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We think you did very well, just sometimes there's nice smells near the fence..Pawhaps Mom should of called out treats :) xx00xx




    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete